Me.

My photo
Choreography for Senior Project. Yaaay...

3rd Class

So today I went to my 3rd class. It was basically more of the same thing... except that it was a hip hop class, and there were other people there, in contrast to the other classes which taught a popping choreography which I took alone. Sadly it wasn't my mentor teaching the class because she had to plan for their crews upcoming show at a competition that day. Normally, my style of dancing is to be stiff because I would be considered a popper. I would freestyle doing things such as isolations, waving, tutting and robotics. But the class I took, was entirely different from my style. It was a Hip Hop choreography class. The choreo I learned had much more movement, and took me out of my comfort zone of isolations. The choreo was very hard-hitting (It hit a lot of beats, hard) and lyrical (movements to the lyrics that made sense), which meant that I had to move, alot. Furthermore, the other people in the class, learned the choreography really fast. When the instructor did a move, they imitated the move almost instantly. There was even a little girl there that learned the choreo faster than me! It kind of discouragd me... but at the same time it made me want to get better.
So next week I have classes again on Thursday and Friday again. The Thursday class has rotating instructors, and hopefully on Friday my mentor would be teaching the class on Friday. The next time I meet with my mentor I'll talk to her about the process of making choreo and how I should start.


Time Logged This Time: 1 hr 30 min
Time Logged In Total: 5 hrs
Yeh. I wonder how many hours ima total up...

-Austin Gumban

1 comment:

  1. Wow- only two weeks in, and you have SO much to share!! This is great.

    ReplyDelete