So today I learned a set that was performed at their crew's most recent competition at VIBE. It was to the song Everlong, by the Foo Fighters. It's a song that's mostly acoustic, yet they still made a robotic/popping choreo to the song. In the video of their performance, it fit well at the end because of the background story they set up in the beginning. Other than that, I had a fairly easy time learning the set because I'm used to robotic types of dancing. Although I think I did pretty good, I, of course, still had some problems. One of the biggest problems I believe I had was that I looked awkward in some parts. This is because some of the moves had us in awkward poses. For example, at one point in the song we would have our legs slightly bent, our arms up, and our head slightly tilted to the side. Normally, I would do fine with just that; but we didn't just stay in that pose. In one instance we had to rock our bodies back and forth by lifting one ankle while putting weight on the other, then lifting the other ankle while moving the weight to the other side. Even more, we had to keep our upper body completely stiff, like a robot. When I saw myself in the mirror doing that specific move, I looked so awkward. When I saw my instructor doing the movement, she looked so smooth doing it. I guess that's another thing I need to work on. So... I need to stop looking awkward, and work on memorizing choreo better and faster.
Also... I think I know what song I'll make my first choreography to... it'll be a popping choreo to a dubstep song... so once I confirm the song I'll use, ill post up the title in my next post. :)
Time Logged This Time: 1 hr
Time Logged In Total: 10 hrs
Yeh. I wonder how many hours ima total up...
-Austin Gumban

I love the song "Everlong!" I am sure that you will learn these new moves quickly. You have been spending so much time!
ReplyDelete