Today I went to the Hip Hop Choreography class taught by my mentor. Since the same people that attended last weeks class were there again, she asked if we wanted to review the choreo we learned last week and learn the second part, or learn something entirely new. We ended up reviewing the really hard choreo that we learned last week. Even though I knew the choreo, I still had trouble keeping up with the fast song. On top of that, she choreographed the moves to the lyrics. In the song the guy is rapping, so we had to move fast while still looking good and clean. She noticed I was having trouble, so she told me that the point of class wasn't to just learn choreography, but to improve the ability to retain and learn choreography while watching for the small details. In the end, I was able to do about half of the minute long choreography somewhat well. Although thirty seconds may not seem like a great amount of time, for a piece of choreography, it is somewhat long. Just to gain a perspective, it took a whole hour just to teach one half of the choreo (30 sec) last week. It takes long, because when teaching it, you would have to break down every move step by step, and review it over and over so the people being taught can learn the choreo. Then when actually doing it, one would have to perform the choreography while remembering all the small details, such as facial expression, angles of your arms, and positioning of other body parts. Making and learning choreography takes a long time. At the moment, I'm still looking for a song that I would want to try and choreograph to. So maybe I'll find one by next week.
Time Logged This Time: 1 hr
Time Logged In Total: 11 hrs
Yeh. I wonder how many hours ima total up...
-Austin Gumban

No comments:
Post a Comment